Tips & Tricks
If you are having trouble with the Roku channel there are a couple things you can try to fix a number of issues.
How to Force Close the Channel and restart it:
- Press the Home buttonon your Roku remote.
- Launch the Gemiini Roku app
How to Delete and reinstall the Channel:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Move to the right and highlight the Gemiini channel.
- Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu.
- Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted.
- Restart your Roku device. (Settings→System→System Restart)
- Click Restart button.
- Reinstall the Gemiini channel on your Roku device.
My New Assignments Aren't Showing Up
If you assign new assignments to your student account while the channel is open, you will need to relaunch the channel. Please close the channel and restart it.
- Press the Home buttonon your Roku remote
- Launch the Gemiini Roku Channel
My View Counts Are Not Updating
Gemiini's Roku channel is designed to count complete repetitions (views) of an assignment. However, certain actions can cause a view count to be missed.
Listed below are best practices to ensure assignment view counts are recorded correctly:
- ‼ IMPORTANT – If you use [LEFT & RIGHT] or [FWD & REV] buttons it will most likely result in loss of count accuracy for that assignment.
- Make sure to allow the assignment to play all the way through before going back to the Assignment list.
- Make sure you are not playing or editing the same assignment on learn.gemiini.org at the same time as playing the assignment on Gemiini Roku channel.